- Fashion is a multi-billion-dollar industry that has considerable impact on the way ordinary people dress and present themselves. But there is more to fashion than the different articles of clothing, fashion is made up of designers, buyers, retailers, editors, and columnists. While all parties work together to create an image, all of these parties can simultaneously be affected by outside forces, especially blogs. Fashion is trend-driven and fashion blogs provide a new way to follow and oversee these fast-paced trends, it is likely that the blogoshepere will have a considerable long-term influence on the industry, as the number of fashion based blogs continue to grow.
- Fashion is a popular style or practice, especially in clothing, footwear, accessories, makeup, body piercing, or furniture. Fashion is a distinctive and often habitual trend in the style in which a person dresses. It is the prevailing styles in behaviour and the newest creations of textile designers.The more technical term costume has become so linked to the term “fashion” that the use of the former has been relegated to special senses like fancy dress or masquerade wear, while “fashion” means clothing more generally, including the study of it. Although aspects of fashion can be feminine or masculine, some trends are androgynous.
- Summer 2014 Fashion Trends
- The fiery hue has been spotted all over the spring 2014 ready-to-wear shows, making its way from the season’s It lip to its clothes, bags, and shoes.
- The combination of black and white is proving its staying power, while icy pastels and hints of pink are getting into the mix.
- fall 2014 color trends
Fall 2014 color trends
- The colours we wear have the power to change our mood and shape our entire outfit. They can make us blend in or stand out. And they move in trends, just as themes and cuts do. Here we take a look at the colour trends forecast for fall 2014 and into winter.
- Colours were rich at the Topshop Unique Autumn/Winter 14 show, muted and stark palettes enhanced the appearances of the collection at Emilia Wickstead and at Burberry Prorsum; the collection was pleasantly colourful. Blue emerged to be the brightest colour amongst a sea of pastels and colour blocking made a return to the runways for Autumn/Winter 2014. These are some of the colours London Fashion Week has to offer Autumn/Winter 2014.
Tim Coppens is also another designer who has gotten comfortable with his menswear brand. A Formula-1 inspired collection was his new approach. And it felt necessary to include some quite pleasing onesies designer’s seem to be going for next season. These were the “it” pieces, like his opening look in a metallic silver and black leather detailed ones, the outgoing cool guys wouldn’t mind wearing. Who would’ve thought a New York designer would have a special onesie too? While most looks seemed to have been made for a chilly weather – splendid graphic sweaters etched with leather, baseball jackets, and parkas – nothing was as intricate as his metallic and leather shorts. Leather played the protagonist here though and energetically.
Michael Bastian may be one of the most innovative designers in New York when it comes to taking risks in men’s fashion, but it didn’t quite work this time. Sure, his clothes are fun to wear, but it may have been the layering effects that went on in his new presentation that could have lost you for a second. Are we in wannabe Paris? It is no secret Parisians know how to do layering effortlessly, but Mr. Bastian is not quite there; nice try for willing to incorporate more prints though. But if you were to take those awkward layering’s apart and styled it with something else, you could find something to invest in. I don’t know about the French wearing pineapple or leopard print pants, but one thing for sure is I know of several guys in America who would go for it without a doubt. As for his graphic sweatshirts and jackets, they felt fresh for this collection. All in a nutshell, this was an American tourist in Paris with lots of joy and uniqueness. Isn’t that what traveling is all about?
- MILAN MENSWEAR COLLECTIONS – FALL WINTER 2014/2015 – DAY 3 AND 4